Shaaron Dalton is a recognised expert in professional search, with deep knowledge and understanding of the legal market and exceptionally strong international and local networks.
Before choosing a career in professional legal recruitment consulting, she completed a law degree at the University of Melbourne before working within a top tier firm and respected mid-sized firm.
Since then, Shaaron has developed a passion for assisting clients in talent planning that reflects the changing markets.
She has recruited for firms undertaking local and international mergers and worked closely with market disruptors throughout her extensive career. Her law firm experience includes discreet search for key partners and other business critical positions.
Shaaron has a successful track record recruiting at all levels for private practice professional services firms and in-house teams. Her clients range from global elite, traditional top tier, through to mid-tier and recognised boutique firms. Shaaron has recently added multi-disciplinary and new law firms to her client list. In the corporate sphere, she has been engaged to undertake critical hires for in-house corporate legal teams and government departments and agencies.
She is also noted for her strategic advice, having conducted market research for law firm mergers and acquisitions as well as undertaken talent management consulting.
Shaaron’s depth of knowledge is evidenced by her having been called upon to train partners on critical cultural change and market perception issues which can affect their ability to compete and attract leading talent.
Down time is spent with her husband and four teenaged children, which often includes walking challenges with friends and family. She also uses time outside of her professional work to support microfinancing through Kiva loans and has raised funds and awareness for Bear Cottage.
- Nearly 20 years in legal professional search and recruitment consulting
- Recruited Partner, Special Counsel, Senior Associate, Associate roles by search and selection for leading law firms
- Recruited Senior Lawyers, Company Secretaries and General Counsel for in-house legal teams
- Executive coaching and career counselling
- Law firm and partner succession planning
- Training and presentations
- Strategic market research
- Salary and contract negotiation
- Talent mapping
- Strategic advice, market research and introduction for law firm growth by merger and acquisition